Greetings! I’m a freelance project manager and consultant for digital tools for journalists, with an appetite for strategic start-up constructs and partnerships, where technology and journalism converge.
A transplant from Romania, I lived and worked in Silicon Valley for almost 10 years. I was involved in tactical roll outs of key products and platforms for both Google and Yahoo.
Returning to Europe in 2012, I’ve infused my tech expertise into the European non profit sector – with focus on digital tools for journalists. The broad view of corporate workflows vs. the non-profit way, my stakeholder management experience as well as the ability to simplify project roadmaps and coordinate their successful implementation, allowed me to delve into some very interesting projects.
- Managing Director for RootIO.org, a radio platform that enables hyperlocal networked FM radio stations in Europe, sub-Saharan Africa and Macronesia.
- Project Manager for Liquid investigations, an initiative to equip journalists with secure and portable investigation tools, funded by Google Digital News Initiative.
- Strategic partnerships consultant for Hypothes.is for socializing digital annotations within the investigative journalistic community, in Europe and US
- Strategist and roadmap consultant for setting up the European Center for Press and Media Freedom.
- Project Manager on behalf of Open Knowledge Foundation for the Linked Open Data project, funded by the European Commission.
- Co-founding member of the Sponge Media Lab and co-organizer of the Open Media Challenge Bucharest.