Hello and thanks for stopping by! I’m a freelance project manager and consultant for digital tools for journalists, with an appetite for strategic start-up constructs and partnerships, where technology and journalism converge.
A transplant from Romania, I’ve lived and worked in Silicon Valley for almost 10 years. I was involved in tactical roll outs of key products and platforms for both Google and Yahoo Inc.
Returning to Europe in 2012, I’ve discovered the European non profit sector, and I’ve worked with several journalistic and human rights groups and organizations. What struck the most, was the lack of technologies serving the public interest, as well as tools facilitating media collaborations. Inspired by this opportunity, I’ve focused my project management and tech coordination abilities to collect use cases from different social actors with the end goal of transforming them into digital tools for journalists and other professional, collaborative groups.
My well rounded experience of corporate workflows as well as non profit specific processes and methods, my stakeholder management experience as well as the ability to simplify project roadmaps and coordinate their successful implementation, allowed me to delve into some very interesting projects. The highlight of my European experience is providing the tech coordination for the core technology of a cutting edge R&D EC H2020 project.
Another facet of me, concerns teaching, researching and talking about body alignment (in yoga and dance) and movement related performance perspectives.
- Managing Director at Rootio Unipessoal Lda., a radio platform that enables hyperlocal networked FM radio stations in Europe, sub-Saharan Africa and Macaronesia and Project Manager on behalf of Rootio for the European Comission funded H2020 Grassrootwavelengths project.
- Project Manager for Liquid investigations, an initiative to equip journalists with secure and portable investigation tools, funded by Google Digital News Initiative and used by investigative journalists such as EIC.network
- Strategic partnerships consultant for Hypothes.is for socializing digital annotations within the investigative journalistic community, in Europe and US
- Strategist and roadmap consultant for setting up the European Center for Press and Media Freedom.
- Project Manager on behalf of Open Knowledge Foundation for the Linked Open Data project, funded by the European Commission.
- Co-founding member of the Sponge Media Lab and co-organizer of the Open Media Challenge Bucharest.