SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+years of collaborative project management expertise for interdisciplinary, innovative projects, with a focus on developing free software.
- Exceptional success in managing complex cross-functional projects from planning trough completion in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Strategic partnerships consulting at the cusp of journalism and technology.
- Excellent multi-lingual and interpersonal communication skills. Fluent in Romanian, English and German.
2017-2018 – Liquid Investigations – Project Manager
- Drafted Project Plan, detailed deliverables list, implementation strategy and project documentation
- Coordinated meeting schedule for the entire project
- Coordinated set up of internal communication tools for the project
- Organized project tech summits
- Interim coordination for tech activities of all involved partners
- Exploratory outreach to likely partners.
- Identified other platforms, tools or projects that might be complementary to the liquid offering
- Identified other donors and grant opportunities, with a mix of invited and competitive opportunities
2016-2017 – Hypothes.is – Strategic Partnerships Consultant
- Drafted outreach strategy document and identified key partners and funding opportunities for embedding and socializing digital annotations within the investigative journalistic community, in Europe and US
- Forged strategic partnerships with various journalistic networks (EIC.network, Journalismfund.eu, TheBlackSea.eu) and presented the annotation technology at various industry conferences, as part of the technology outreach efforts.
- Identified fundraising opportunities, contacted donors directly and/or participated at writing grant applications to those respective donors.
2015 – European Center for Press and Media Freedom – Strategy Consultant
- Carved out the overall project plan and communication strategy, for establishing the European Center for Press and Media Freedom;
- provided strategic recommendations regarding the construction, viability and road map of this Center.
- Performed extensive stakeholder management; worked with each project partner to develop and detail their work plans, thus accelerating and aiding the process of signing the Consortium agreements with all project partners, in a timely fashion.
- Provided technical and strategical recommendations regarding the website and Resource Center that will be created especially for the purpose of this project.
2012-2014 – The Sponge Media Lab – Collaborative Project Manager
- Co-designed strategy and roadmap for the media lab and helping with stakeholder management and involvement.
- Helped with the implementation of different lab Projects; Product Manager for the Knowledge Exchange Platform, an open and integrated solution facilitating investigative journalism collaborations.
- Orchestrated the Open Media Challenge hack events initiated by the Sponge Media Innovation Lab.
2012-2013 – Open Knowledge Foundation – Project Manager
- Led on behalf of OKF the Linked Open Data project, a large-scale integrating project co-funded by the European Commission within the FP7 Information and Communication Technologies Work Program. One notable result was the re-design of the publicdata.eu governmental data portal (inclusion of social media features and rethinking the data sets formats that could be uploaded).
2010-2012 – Yahoo! Inc, Sunnyvale, CA – Senior Project Manager
- Facilitated tactical roll outs of key products and platforms.
- Was responsible for translating and communicating the North American Search Sales team’s needs, product requirements and competitive assessments to various teams such as Engineering, Product & Marketing; coordinated efforts to implement and execute against these needs.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams of multiple business units to support the development and execution of product road-maps.
- Designed best practices, highlighted opportunities, and helped creating strategies to improve the workflow of the North American Yahoo Search Sales team.
2006-2010 – Yahoo! Inc, Sunnyvale, CA – Technical Account Manager
- Account manager and technical expert supporting Yahoo products such as: Search Submit Pro (Yahoo Search), Yahoo Shopping, Yahoo Travel, Panama API and Sponsored Search Analytics.
- Project-managed end-to-end feed build, working with content providers, feed-builders, and sales engineers.
- Created product support materials and guidelines and working with the appropriate teams to implement product documentation.
- Designed and maintain issue tracking, project planning, quality assurance and user training documents.
- Project-managed end-to-end outsourcing initiatives to India for the entire Search Submit Pro Technical Account Management team.
- Led analysis and research efforts for complex technical issues (i.e. working with editorial and relevance engineering teams to create a scalable spam fighting processes for irrelevant search results).
- Provided Performance Reviews for top clients including quarterly summary of metrics (impressions, clicks, top keywords, CTR), category performance, and new product features in the pipeline.
- Strategic contributions: Managed and trained the India support team which led to a reduction of support tasks for the Sunnyvale Account Management team by 30%
2005-2006 – Google Inc., Mountain View, CA- Gmail Coordinator
- Managed and responded to customer feedback and product performance.
- Performed range of customer facing operations for Gmail.
- Troubleshot technical problems and escalated bug reports.
- Coordinated with legal team to resolve issues that require legal guidance such as death of account owner, request of information, and impersonation.
2002-2004 – Schoenherr Attorneys at law – Attorney at law
- Served as Attorney at law with areas of expertise in Corporate, Real Estate, and IP Law.
- 1997–2002 – Attended University of Law and International Relations “Nicolae Titulescu”, Bucharest Romania
- Aug. 2002 – Dr. juris Degree at University of Law and International Relations ‘Nicolae Titulescu’
MEMBERSHIPS, CERTIFICATIONS AND HONORS
- PMI Project Management Professional certificate
- Stanford Advanced Project Management certificate
- Member of the Romanian Bar Association since September 2002